Details of the Apartment
Beautiful 2 aircon bedroomed (sleeps 4) penthouse apartment overlooking the village of Latchi with its fishing harbour and marina. Balcony with 2 recliners and table & chairs for alfresco eating and drinking, and a canopy if it’s too hot. Two or three minutes walk from the nearby shops and the restaurants in Latchi Marina. We bought the place in 1999, and still love coming back – a perfect place to relax and forget the stresses of work. Crack open a Keo beer, mix a brandy sour or a gin and tonic and watch the sun set over the hills of the Akamas National Park.
- Bedroom 1: double bed, chest of drawers, bedside tables with lamps, fitted wardrobes with plenty of storage space, fitted mirror. Remote controlled air conditioning.
- Bedroom 2: Twin Beds, fitted wardrobe, remote controlled air conditioning.
- Bathroom: with wet room shower, wc, washbasin, glass shelf, shaving mirror. Solar powered hot water.
- Kitchen: Fully equipped kitchen, cooker, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, toaster, filter coffee machine, juicer (for those lovely Cyprus oranges), iron and ironing board.
- Living Room: Open plan double aspect living/dining room (with kitchen). Sofa, two armchairs, dining table with 6 chairs, FREE WiFi / cabled Internet, DVD player, CD Player, nest of side tables with lamps. Patio doors lead onto the balcony at the front. Ceiling fan.
The Penthouse Apartment benefits from cool breezes, with sea views at the front. It has terrazzo flooring which keeps it cool throughout the summer months. Suitable for sensible children (remembering that this is a top floor flat).
Access is from the rear of the block, where the ground is higher than the front. There are two flights of stairs leading to the third floor, so you do need to be reasonably mobile. That said, my father aged 88 at the time, with a double hip replacement, could make it up there though he didn’t break any records!
The balcony to the front has stunning panoramic sea views. It has an overhead awning to wind out and keep you cool in summer, lying on one of the two recliners, with an outside light for the evenings. There is a table with 6 chairs. The communal pool is a reasonable size (15 metres long) and kept well maintained. It has a locked gate to ensure that only residents use it.
2-3 minutes walk brings you to the beautiful beaches of Latchi. You can walk around Latchi Marina, which is truly beautiful and peaceful. There are about 10 tavernas/restaurants to choose from. There are 2 good sized supermarkets and a smaller kiosk, supplying fresh fruit and vegetables. Only a short drive away is the beautiful town of Polis and in about 45 minutes drive you will reach the town of Paphos. The official ‘picnic area’ in the Akamas mountains is about 20 minutes’ drive.
Paphos Airport is only 45 minutes drive away, but if you end up with a better flight deal to Larnaca Airport it is still only about 2 and a half hours drive. Flights are available from a national and low cost airlines. To get the best out of your holiday car hire is highly recommended.
Latchi Village is a couple of minutes walk towards the sea with a number of tavernas, bars, restaurants, shops and mini markets. We enjoy a sundowner at Zouk or Porto Latchi beach bar. Latchi has a beautiful Marina, and many of the restaurants face this area. Polis town is a long walk from Latchi along the boardwalk by the sea or just a 5 minute drive.
Our apartment in Latchi is a great base for a holiday. It is located at the very back of the Charapolis development, with the benefit of great views from the top floor.
We would be happy to consider a house swap or alternative bartering offer.